Gomboti [dumplings] with fasting plums
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
it is a very requested dessert in our fasting days
- 1 kg of white potatoes
- 200 gr white flour [I put rye]
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar [combined with vanilla powdered sugar]
- 500 gr plums
- 500 gr pesmet
- 100 ml oil for frying breadcrumbs
- sugar for biscuit
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Dumplings [dumplings] with fasting plums:
- fry the breadcrumbs in 100 ml of oil until golden, then add sugar to taste.
- the plums are peeled and mixed with cinnamon and sugar
- the potatoes are washed, boiled in their skins with a little salt. when they are cooked they are cleaned.
- crush while hot and mix with oil and flour
- with a spoon take pieces of dough in wet palms, put a plum inside the dough, round and boil in boiling water for 10 minutes. at first the fire is stronger then it must be reduced.
- remove with a whisk and roll in breadcrumbs.
the dumplings are boiled in the pot when they rise to the surface
can be served both hot and cold
you can use frozen plums, or prunes soaked for 24 hours
they can also be prepared with other fruits: peaches, apricots, berries, etc.
Dumplings, plum dumplings, childhood recipe
Fruit cake recipes are the most loved, because they bring that something fresh sweet-sour into a dish. In the case of this cake, after removing the seeds, you can insert a walnut kernel in place, but be careful that it fits the cavity, so that the plum does not stay open. You can also put a cherry bean in the jam or even caster sugar. These dumplings can be made with apricots and even large fruits from jams, well drained of syrup.
The story of this dish, in any version, is beautiful, because it evokes childhood, memories related to our mothers and grandmothers working in the kitchen, necessarily with love. I think this is the secret to a successful dish.
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
- 350 g white potatoes weighed in shell
- 3-4 lg oil
- 130 g flour
- 1 or
- 1 pinch of salt
- 8 plums
For the PESMET COATING
PREPARATION Dumplings, dumplings with plums
1. After washing them well, boil the potatoes in their skins for 30 minutes, if they are small. Check, the fork should fit easily into them. Potatoes for boiling, when purchased, are chosen to be white, not red, and in size, the smallest because they boil quickly.
2. Plums should not be too big, not too hard, but not too soft, so that you can easily remove the seeds. Split the plum on the rib halfway, press gently on the ends and open it, then remove the seeds carefully so that the plum retains its shape. They can also be extracted with kitchen tweezers if they adhere. You can fill the plums with a quarter of a walnut kernel (I didn't put anything) or the ones you want much sweeter, a cherry bean from jam or sugar.
3. During this time, melt the butter in a pan and add the breadcrumbs together with the cinnamon. Homogenize with a wooden spoon and crush the lumps. Add the sugar and stir. Stop the fire.
4. Put 3-4 liters of boiling water in a large diameter pan, but also deep. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and two tablespoons oil.
5. After boiling, drain the water on the potatoes carefully so that you don't burn the hot steam, peel them while they are warm (you can keep the potato with a clean towel, if it burns you) and pass it through the manual potato sieve (or electric with arm vertically), then add 3-4 tablespoons of oil that I forgot to put, but everything was ok, mix and chicken and the rest: whole egg, salt and flour. You will get a soft, slightly sticky dough, but you will be able to take it out on a very well floured worktop. If the potatoes were very watery, add a little more flour. The idea is to be able to give it a roll shape on the worktop that you divide in two and then again in two and that's it until you get 8 relatively equal pieces.
6. With your left hand very well floured (or oiled) take the ball, flatten it with your right and with your fingers form a cavity (or the bottom of a glass). Put the plum in the formed cavity and wrap it sealing well so that water does not enter, in which case it would dissolve when boiled. Put them on a lightly floured plate.
7. Boil water with gentle boiling water (neither too big nor too small). Take a dumpling, put it in a spoon and immerse it in water. I repeat, the pot / pan should be wide (4 liters), the dumplings should not overlap but should boil at will. If you don't have a large pan, boil them in two tranches. Boil in 15-20 minutes. If you see that the dumplings are on the bottom, you detach them with the spoon from the bottom because they rise to the surface, when they boil and you will see that they rotate.
8. Remove them with a foamer on a plate so that they drain from the water for only 1 minute (not to dry), then put them through the breadcrumbs composition from point 3 and place them on the serving plate. Before serving, powder with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
The breadcrumbs you have left after rolling don't throw away! It is a great combination to eat it with apple cream and whipped cream (click here for recipe)
Liv (e) it!
OUR FRIENDS COOKED ACCORDING TO THIS RECIPE! Congratulations, Alice, your cake looks appetizing, wonderful.
OTHER PLUM RECIPES
Delicious dried plum food as in Oltenia
- 800 g boiled potatoes
- 300 g flour
- 2 eggs
- A teaspoon of salt
- 250 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
How do we prepare the recipe for plum dumplings?
I boiled the potatoes in salted water. I crushed them, over them I added the two eggs, salt and flour.
I kneaded the composition by hand. A sticky dough comes out, so it is shaped with a wet hand.
I took pieces of the composition, flattened them in the palm of my hand and placed a plum in the middle.
I raised the edges of the dough over the plum and closed it tightly there.
I boiled the water in a large pot and added 2 teaspoons of salt. I placed the dumplings in boiling water and left them until they rose to the surface.
I melted the butter in a pan and fried the breadcrumbs until it browned nicely and at the end I added the sugar.
I put the dumplings directly in the pan with breadcrumbs and rolled them well through it.
The recipe and the pictures belong to Alexandra Chitas and she participates in the competition & bdquoThe big autumn contest, with guaranteed prizes, without drawing lots & rdquo. You can find more recipes published by her here.
The average grade given by the jury for this recipe is 8.25
Re & # 539 recipes with Gina Bradea & raquo Recipes & raquo Plum dumplings, Transylvanian recipe step by step
- Dough dumplings
- 500 g potatoes (5 medium potatoes)
- 140 g flour
- 3 tablespoons semolina
- 2 small eggs
- a pinch of salt
- vanilla (1/2 sachet of vanilla sugar)
- Filling and decoration
- 15 small plums
- 30 g butter
- 120 g pesmet
- 100 g sugar
First we wash the potatoes well and boil them in their skins until the fork enters them easily. Then we peel them, we pass them with the mashing tool or with a vertical mixer and we let them cool very well.
While the potatoes cool, prepare the decoration. In a non-stick pan, melt the butter and fry the breadcrumbs in it until it becomes golden. and mix well.
Now put a pot of water to boil and continue with the dumpling dough. Over the mashed potatoes add flour, semolina, eggs, salt and vanilla. Mix until the composition is homogeneous and get a sticky dough.
I unwrapped the plums (I chose the smallest ones I found) and removed the seeds and in the middle I sprinkled cinnamon and put walnut kernels. You can put only halves of plum, with cinnamon or without, with sugar, or as you prefer.
With our hands floured or moistened with water, we take pieces of dough, form a disc, put the plum inside and close it, forming balls. I prefer large dumplings and put whole plums with walnuts and cinnamon in the middle. From the composition I obtained 15 chubby dumplings.
When the water has started to boil, add a teaspoon of grated salt and boil the dumplings for 4-5 minutes from the moment they come to the surface.
Then we take them out and roll them in the fried breadcrumbs mixed with sugar and cinnamon.
Eat warm dumplings. They are good and cold, the dough is soft, and the juicy plum and walnut inside give the dumplings an extra flavor. Enjoy!
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
That's right plum dumplings Were some of the sweets you ate most often and with the greatest pleasure as a child? That was the case with me.
There is no autumn without a portion of dumplings with plums and it does not exist even now. I make them every year, following my mother's recipe for dumplings with plums and semolina.
They come out very fluffy due to the semolina, and so good that I always stop only after the third galusca. Because I really like all the dumpling dough, I fill them with pretty small plum halves and I always eat the plum before, to stop what I like at the end, that is the crispy dough and breadcrumbs.
I stayed with this habit since childhood. Cristi prefers a balance between dough and plums so I made some dumplings with small plum halves and the others with larger plum halves.
Plum dumplings are known in some parts of the country as gomboti or knedle with plums. The dumpling dough is made from potatoes, flour, semolina, eggs and is usually stuffed with plums. I also ate apricot dumplings, they are delicious and very fragrant.
For the apricot dumpling dough, Grandma used a cow's cheese dough, similar to the dough for boiled papansi.
After boiling, roll the dumplings in a mixture of breadcrumbs fried in butter and sugar.
The sugar is always added after we turn off the heat, in the hot breadcrumbs, and mix well.
What kind of potatoes do we use for plum dumplings?
For some successful plum dumplings, we must use old floury white potatoes, by no means new potatoes and, likewise, I do not recommend red potatoes. Potatoes for dumplings should be boiled in their skins. If we clean them and cut them into pieces, they will absorb water during boiling, and the dough will need much more flour to bind.
What plums do we use for dumplings?
I use Romanian plums for dumplings, they seem to me the most suitable for this traditional dessert. When I was little, I would pick them from the yard and the dumplings would taste even better. No matter where you get your plums, if you want to enjoy some fluffy and tasty dumplings, they must be well cooked (if you like plums as much as I do, try the recipe for Plum Cake and Crumble hazelnuts, one of my favorites).
And if you want to try a more original taste, try replacing plums with black figs small whole. Last year, because I had a lot of figs, I said to make a round of dumplings with the smallest of them. They came out wonderful! So tasty, this year I will definitely make a portion of dumplings with plums and one with figs.
I invite you to try your mother's recipe for dumplings with plums. It's very simple and, if you follow the tips below, it will turn out wonderfully tasty.
I look forward to you telling me how you felt.
Ingredients & # 8211 Plum dumplings ( gomboti) & # 8211 12 pcs. big
- 700 g old floury white potatoes
- 150 & # 8211 160 g flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 50 & # 8211 60 g gray
- 1 pinch of salt
- 180 g breadcrumbs (pt tablet)
- about 70 -75 g of sugar (for rolls)
- 40 g butter (for breadcrumbs)
- 6 plums
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar (for plums)
Preparation & # 8211 Dumplings (plums) with plums
- For starters, wash the plums, wipe them well and cut them in half. We put them in a plate and powder them with 2-3 tablespoons of sugar.
- We wash the potatoes and boil them whole, we don't clean them and we don't cut them. Boil the potatoes over low heat, this way you avoid cracking the peel. If we have a cracked skin, the potato absorbs water and the dough will swallow more flour. I usually boil more potatoes, if one cracks, you can choose another potato with intact skin. After the potatoes have boiled, take them out of the water and let them cool.
If you have boiled potatoes and you don't know what to do with them, I recommend you try these Pan-fried Potato Pies or Potato Dumplings and Cream Sauce.
- While the potatoes are boiling, melt the butter in a non-stick pan over low heat and add the breadcrumbs. Brown it over low heat for a few minutes. When it turns golden, turn off the heat and add the sugar. Sugar is always added after we turn off the heat. I always used caster sugar, not powdered sugar. I love the crunchy combination of breadcrumbs and caster sugar! If you want, you can add a little cinnamon in the breadcrumbs, I personally prefer only breadcrumbs and sugar. Mix well and let it cool completely.
- After they have cooled, we clean the potatoes and put them through the grater with small holes. Add eggs, salt, flour and semolina and mix. We will get a sticky but homogeneous dough.
- I do not advise you to add more flour because the dumplings will be hard after boiling. Only if the dough is extremely wet, we can add a maximum of 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of semolina. The consistency of the dough should be slightly sticky. Don't worry, the dumplings will shape without problems, if we have our hands permanently watered.
- We fill a pot with water and boil it. When it starts to boil, add 1 tablespoon of oil and ½ teaspoon grated salt.
- With wet hands (after each dumpling, we wet our hands with water again), break the pieces of dough and flatten them. We put half a plum in the center of each one, then we close the dough and give it a dumpling shape.
- We place the plum dumplings formed on a flat plate also watered with water. The dumplings will sit quietly on the plate, without sticking to it, until they are boiled.
- Put the dumplings in the pot, 3-4 at a time, and boil them until they rise to the surface on their own. We don't boil a lot of dumplings at once because they can stick together. Remove them with a spatula with holes and put them directly in the breadcrumbs. We rotate them on all sides, so that they are perfectly wrapped in crispy breadcrumbs.
- Serve the plum dumplings immediately, hot, or let them cool. I like cold, but I never refuse a hot plum dumpling.
Take full advantage of these wonderful fruits!
Plums are not only delicious, but also very healthy. They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, K, potassium and fiber. They stimulate memory, prevent heart disease and diabetes, fight anemia, treat constipation and are full of good carbohydrates.
Plum dumplings, fasting - recipe
Plum dumplings are also called gomboti, or plum dumplings. When these tasty fruits are in season, we can use them to prepare this wonderful dessert. It comes out very good and fasting, without egg.
Plum dumplings, fasting - recipe
• ½ kg of potatoes
• 120 g of flour
• 1 tablespoon of semolina
• 50 ml of oil
• 1 pinch of salt
• 200 g of breadcrumbs
• 4 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
Wash the potatoes well and put them to boil in a pot with water and salt. Try them with a fork. If they are cooked, take the pot off the heat and pour cold water over them so you can quickly peel them.
The next step is to puree them, while they are still hot, by passing them by hand, or in a blender.
Put the puree obtained in a large bowl. Add flour, semolina, salt and oil. Stir at first with a spoon, then start kneading by hand. You need to get a suitable dough, not too hard. Break it into small pieces.
Flatten a piece of dough, place it in the palm of your hand and place a pre-washed plum in the middle, from which you removed the seeds. If the plums are large, cut them in half and use half of them. Wrap the dough around the plum, covering it completely and as evenly as possible, giving it a shape that is as round as possible.
Boil the dumplings in a pot of boiling water, in which you put a little salt, for about 8-10 minutes. Proceed as for dumbbells. When it rises to the surface, I'm ready.
Remove the dumplings with a whisk to a bowl in which you have mixed plain or previously browned breadcrumbs with a little sugar and cinnamon. Roll the dumplings through this mixture and then serve them hot, or cold, from the refrigerator.
If you do not have fresh plums, make this recipe with prunes, well drained compote plums, magiun (thick plum jam) or other fruits such as apricots or cherries.
* The advice and any health information available on this site are for informational purposes, do not replace the doctor's recommendation. If you suffer from chronic diseases or follow medication, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting a cure or natural treatment to avoid interaction. By postponing or interrupting classic medical treatments you can endanger your health.
Plum dumplings. Dumplings with plums browned in breadcrumbs
This recipe for plum dumplings or plum dumplings she's been waiting for it to be published for more than a year or so. When autumn comes and the plum season starts, I make plum dumplings for my family, but either I make them too late and I don't get to pose for them, or they end too quickly for me to think about posing for them.
But now I became ambitious and said "stop", whatever it is, this time we take pictures and only then eat. And I also started to prepare these delicious plum dumplings from the first hour of the morning to be sure that through the good light for posing.
So today I'm going to tell you how I make plum dumplings. I'm not saying it's a traditional recipe and I don't have it from the elders. In our country, in this area of Moldova where gomboti live, they are not a traditional food and it does not remind me of my childhood, as it is in the case of someone who grew up in Transylvania, for example. Or in the north of Moldova, where these plum dumplings are made there as well.
My husband is from that northern part and he himself asked me to make him a craving and to prepare plum dumplings as he ate when he was young. But as he no longer remembered the recipe and as I had no idea how to make these delicious plum dumplings, I started studying and took as a reference a recipe from Silvia Jurcovan's cookbook, which I consult very often.
But we have adapted the recipe to our tastes, so I can't tell you how it turns out if you do it exactly according to the recipe in the book. I know that the dough should traditionally be a stronger one, which comes spread on the work table, but I preferred a softer version, with a more sticky dough.
I don't really go for potatoes and to combine them with flour, it's not to my liking, but with a softer consistency, I really liked this dough. And not just me but also my family members. And they asked for more! But they specified that they only want it that way, with softer dough. I also tested a variant with more flour but it was not to their liking.